Thursday, January 5, 2012

Feedback on this blog.

Hallo from Pauline at Purple Princess Designs in the UK, otherwise known on Etsy as Purplepolly.  Happy New Year to everyone at Etsian Artists and let's hope that it's a good and prosperous new year for us all.

The header to this blog, I hope, raises some interest as I just got to idly thinking the other day about the items I make and what people think of them.  One thing I like about Etsy is that people have the chance to 'admire' your items and I think that is very important.  Even if nobody buys it, at least you know that you are not wasting time by making things that people actually don't like.  It keeps creativity working and nods heads towards current trends.  I know that I have sold only a few items on Etsy so far, but I know that they were items which were greatly admired. 

As a sort of 'spring clean' I am now going through the process of deleting items which are not getting the kinds of admirers I'd like to see; this is actually a very refreshing and worthwhile exercise.   I believe, you see, that if items are not attracting admirers then perhaps they will never sell.  I don't believe that we are all the same, in the sense that we all like the same thing, but perhaps we are more slavish to fashion and trends than we think.  Admiration or 'likes' for your products is feedback after all, and it is not something, I think, which should be ignored. 

Similarly, one of the ladies from whom I recently purchased some goods took the 'liberty' as she put it, to comment on my own shop and how it is set up.  Her comments were invaluable, and I have taken on board much of what she said and changed the way I take my photos, and present my items.  Only time will tell if she is right of course, but the fact is that I have listened. 

As a result, I thought that perhaps it might be a good idea to post your items on this blog in order to receive some feedback from fellow artists.  You will notice that I am not including my own items here, in true Etsy fashion, I am spreading the love to you all. 

If you have made something recently and are unsure of its attractiveness, need some design inspiration in order to finish it, or simply wish to 'run it past' us, please use this blog to gain feedback or general comments on your items, it's always great to see what fellow Etsians are up to.

Best wishes and Happy New Year to you all

Pauline

4 comments:

  1. great article! Very refreshing way of thinking and it is so true, it sometimes isn't always the easiest things to hear but the truth is so much more valuable then fluff to make a person feel good. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post! What a great idea. I will go 1st with:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/84123762/valentines-day-gift-box-of-love-007

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad ever since the first time I saw one of your love gifts I was impressed! Its such a clever idea and the little poem is so cute! They are all beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts.....